The Southampton BIA is hiring.
Interested applicants please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until June 13th, 2019.
Position: BIA Coordinator
Reports to: The Southampton BIA Board of Management
Location: Southampton, ON
Status: Part-Time, Contract (12 hrs/week) .
Compensation: $16 – $18/hr based on experience
Hours: Flexible schedule. Occasionally required to attend events and meetings on evenings or weekends.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Southampton BIA. Reporting to a volunteer Board of Directors and various sub-committees, the Coordinator interacts with municipal staff, councillors, The Saugeen Shores Chamber of Commerce, Bruce County Tourism, neighborhood associations, and community committees.
The Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day administration, and also develops, executes, monitors and reports on an array of plans, activities and programs including; the annual BIA budget, marketing plan, beautification programs, cycling initiatives, streetscape, policy development, public consultation and participation, and media, public and membership relations. The Coordinator is accountable to the BIA Board through the Chair for the management of all the affairs and activities of the BIA.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for maintaining regular office operations such as filing, mailings, etc.
• Performs research and prepares written reports summarizing the results.
• Recommends and implements organizational policies.
• Maintains the BIA electronic database of 200+ members.
• Prepares and distributes sub-committee minutes/notes, follow-up on issues as required.
• Prepares invoices and other financial documents.
• Coordinates the Annual General Meeting.
• Arranges with the Municipality and volunteers the decoration of downtown for the summer season (banners), Canada Day, Marine Heritage, Pumpkinfest, and Christmas.
• Performs member site visits and welcomes new businesses to the BIA with the BIA Welcome Package.
• Participates in all activities carried forth by the Board.
• Responsible for planning, managing and prioritizing assigned tasks.
• Handling of information of a confidential nature.
• Provides resources to BIA members, municipal government departments, members of other BIAs, and community groups who regularly contact the BIA requesting information and/or assistance on a wide range of topics related to the BIA.
Marketing & Communications:
• Compiles, edits, condenses and processes information for distribution to its members and partners to build an advocacy voice of support for its positions and initiatives.
• Maintains and implements all marketing and promotions as directed by the Board.
• Executes all elements of project management for the BIA’s special events.
• Executes advertising, promotion, and marketing programs including; print, on-line and social media.
• Coordinates the design and printing of marketing materials.
• Ensures the Branding of the BIA is consistent and follows design guidelines where applicable.
• Prepares and distributes Press Releases to promote BIA events and accomplishments.
• Communicates with existing BIA members via mail, e-newsletters & social media.
• Creates, sources and posts relevant content to the BIA website.
• Website maintenance including, posting news articles to the home page, and updating business listings and events.
• Coordinates special events including: Southampton Sparkles, Festive Friday, Run to Southampton, Flag Quest, Music on High, Ladies at the Lake, and Scenes of Southampton.
• Manages the BIA’s social media accounts including: Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
• Liaises with municipal departments such as: Economic Development, Culture and Tourism, Parks and Recreation, and other departmental staff as appropriate.
• Acts as a spokesperson for the BIA, members, board and neighbourhood maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity in all levels of communication.
• Coordinates the purchase of required supplies, equipment and contracted services, purchasing within an assigned limit; reviews and recommends accounts for payment.
• Monitors the results of operation compared to the budget on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for assisting the Board in the preparation of annual revenue and expense budget, carrying out all operations within budgetary allocation.
• Researches and applies for grant funding where available.
Preferred knowledge, skill sets and abilities:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Strong speaking and presentation skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent time management.
Other asset skills that enhance performance:
• Established network of contacts with the Municipality of Saugeen Shores and Southampton Business community.
• Motivated self-starter with limited supervision required.
• Experience with WordPress.
• Experience with graphic design.