Southampton BIA Board Meeting Minutes – April 2018

Board Meeting: 17 April 2018, Southampton BIA Office

1. IN ATTENDANCE:
Melanie Myers, Bruce Martin, Sue Palethorpe, Susan Dollar, Don Matheson
Regrets: Mary Lou Hills, Don Hart, Heather Hyde

2. CALL TO ORDER:
The meeting was called to order at 6:32 p.m.

3. DECLARATION OF PECUNIARY INTEREST:
None declared.

4. ADOPTION OF MINUTES:
Moved by: Don Matheson Seconded by: Bruce Martin
That the minutes of the March 20, 2018 meeting, there being no errors, omissions or corrections, be adopted.

5. PROMOTIONS COMMITTEE
There was no report from the Promotions Committee. There will be an update for the next meeting.

6. STREETSCAPE COMMITTEE
The report from the April 10, 2018 Streetscape Committee was reviewed.
The Board decided that a letter to the Town and Town Council should be drafted to address the Board’s concerns with Phase 1 of the High Street streetscape improvements. It is the Board’s opinion that Phase 2 should not be started until the concerns with Phase 1 have been addressed. The Board discussed the need for sidewalk replacement/repair on High Street from Grosvenor to Victoria Streets.
Bruce Martin will contact Amanda Froese to request a meeting with the Board to discuss the Town’s plans for High Street.

7. SCENES OF SOUTHAMPTON
Heather Hyde will be finalizing the Scenes of Southampton contest and will have more information at the next meeting.

8. NEW BOARD
It appears that an almost entirely new board will be required for the next term as none of the current members has indicated they will seek re-election. Susan Dollar will prepare a nomination form for the upcoming elections for the Board to review.

9. PRIDE
There will be a Pride flag raising by the Town in June, 2018. Heather Hyde will be able to provide an update at the next meeting.

10. BIA WEBSITE
Moved by: Sue Palethorpe
Seconded by: Bruce Martin. Carried.
That the Southampton BIA change from Word Press to a new website hosting service at a cost of $262.00 USD for the next 3 years and that the Board authorize the expenditure of $300.00, representing the annual website maintenance fees of Jennifer Cooper.

11. OTHER BUSINESS
The Town will be hosting Community Improvement Plan Open House on May 21st.

12. NEXT MEETING DATE
The next meeting will be on Tuesday May 15th, 2018 at 6:30 p.m.

13. ADJOURNMENT
Moved by: Don Matheson Seconded by: Bruce

The meeting was adjourned at 7:38 p.m.